Sketch reveal-SOUS-Dec6th - So happy its Friday.. We are celebrating Independence day here in Finland and I also get to share our first Sketch reveal for December for Stuck On U Sketc...
IS TOMORROW! WHAT WILL U DO?
May we have our own holiday Mr. President?! National Scrapbook Day was started in 1994 by the well-known album company Creative Memories and is celebrated on the first Saturday each May. Since 1994 scrapbookers all over the county celebrate their passion for Scrapbooking on this day! There are even online groups petitioning the US Government to make National Scrapbook Day a federal holiday!
Here a just a few ideas to make this year's National Scrapbooking Day memorable.
1. Attend a crop or scrapbooking party! Of course, this would be #1 on the list! There is nothing better than to scrap with friends! If you can't go to a live event...join an online National Scrapbook Day Crop! Check scrapbooking message boards for online crops. Many offer virtual crops. You and other participants scrapbook at the same time and chat with each other online as you create pages. Many crops will have challenges to see who gets the most pages done. Some will have contests, and some may have a gallery where you can upload your designs. OR Gather your friends for your own crop party. Throw a National Scrapbooking Day party with your fellow scrapbookers. Just add some refreshments and lots of workspace for scrapbooking and you're ready to enjoy your favorite activity with your friends.
2. Learn a new scrapbooking technique. You can do this all on your own by picking up a scrapbook magazine and trying a new skill. OR sign up for a class at your local scrapbook store or turn to the internet.
3. Make a plan! Do some homework early. Find out which stores online and in town you want to visit. Also which blogs you want to drop by. Use your NSD wisely. If you have jotted down a few notes in advance you will remember all the things you would like to get accomplished.
4. Check out your local scrapbooking store to see what activities they are offering. Many local stores have sales, but quite a few offer make-and-take projects, special workshops, or crop time just for National Scrapbooking Day.
5. Browse your local bookstore for a new scrapbook magazine or book. It's fun to find out what the latest trends in scrapbooking are. Books and magazines are a great way to keep up to date on your design skills.
6. Go shopping! There is no better reason to treat yourself to a few new scrapbooking goodies! If your on a tight budget...give yourself just a little...say $5 for a few sheets of new paper. Shop for new supplies online. Online scrapbooking stores are known for running fantastic sales on the first weekend in May just for National Scrapbook Day. You'll find some of the best deals on Saturday, but many will run the sales through the whole weekend. Check your favorite online stores first, because some run the best savings during early bird hours or night owl specials. Be sure you know what time zone they are in so you don't miss out.
7. Share your passion for preserving family memories with a non-scrapper! Think of at least one friend or family member who doesn't scrapbook and bring her along to the crop with you or just invite her to your place! There is no better way to spend National Scrapbook day than teaching someone your favorite hobby!
8. Have other pressing engagements during National Scrapbook Day? It's ok, grab some scrapbook idea books or magazines and take them along. You will be so ready to Scraplift some pages when you get home!
9. Take some photos. If you can't get out to a scrapbooking event, take some time during the day to photograph all the peeps in your life. For scrappin' at a later date!
10. Organize your scrapbooking space. I suggest doing this step before the big day... Personally I would rather crop than organize. But on the other hand you just might find some supplies you forgot all about. A little organization can help you get more pages done the next time you sit down to create a page layout.
But most of all everyone.... Scrap Crazy!