4/19/10

Bug Off!

Garden season is upon us! My DH has started all the veggies in pots around the house and getting anxious to plant! Yesterday he dug up all the flowers and moved them around. I on the other hand did my project inside! This will be hanging in my flower bed this summer! After about 15 coats of modge podge... and a ton of water proof... outdoor sealant! (you know... the kind you put on your fence or deck) So... I have a ton of pics of this project... Hope you like it!

Full sign
close up left side
close up middle
Close up right side

Close up - Little Garden Girl Gretchen
Close up of dragonfly - glitterfly

I sure hope I can get this little darlin to seal up tight so the rain doesn't ruin it! What do you guys think? Does it need something else?

Recipe:
Cricut Cartridges:
Walk in my garden (butterfly, paper flowers, garden tools, wheelbarrow, snail)
Paper Doll Dress up (Gretchen, grass)
Pooh and Friends (fence)
Camp out (glitterfly)
Alphalicious w/ design studio (bug off!)
Cuttlebug Embossing Folders:
Swiss Dots (flowers)
d'vine swirls (glitterfly)
Spots and Dots (bug off !)
Paper:  My Minds Eye- Tres Jolie (background), Bazzill- glazed- polka dots (dress front), Bazzill- canvas(grass, flowers shadow, fence, all basic colors), Heather Bailey (yellow dress, bug off !), K&Co - dollhouse peach paisley (front flowers)
Stamps:  Peachy Keen (faces), My Sentiments Exactly - Flower Power (sun) (omg! what a perfect stamp... I didn't even know that was the name*giggle*), Studio g- birthdays are (flowers on hat)
Ink: MS (brown), Ink it up (orange-sun), Ink it up (black)
My very first Stickles (glitterfly), googlie eyes, pastel flower brads (I don't remember which brand... but I am sure I got them at CrazyScraps)
Another little tidbit of information.... I have seen a product called "diamond glaze" (which is like a "clear coat" you can make water actually look like glass) floating around blogs... I cannot find it in stores so you have to order it online I guess? Anywayz... while searching for this product I decided to try Clear Gel Tacky Glue by Aleene's to see if I could get the same effects. And... It works... however it does leave tiny bubbles... I am going to try this effect on another project... but this is my first attempt...
I think that wraps it up everyone! Enjoy your week... and Scrap Crazy!
Sabrina

7 comments:

  1. Wow this is so beautiful. I love it! What a fantastic job you did!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you... Thank you very much! *hip shake...like Elvis* lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol..... Your too funny:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! let us know if it holds up to the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project! BTW, Ranger's Glossy Accents (often in the Tim Holtz section of Michaels) works just like Diamond Glaze. It is one of my favorite products.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh great tip... thanx Char! I know that Diamond Glaze is spendy for ity bity bottle... will check out that Rangers!
    Thanx all for the awesome comments! I can surely feel the love! *giggle*
    Scrap Crazy
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!!! You are sooooooo creative!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails